[*Formerly known as CruzCare]
So here’s the idea in a nutshell:
1. First, repeal Obamacare entirely. One simple law that ends it, perhaps with the stipulation that some of its provisions be phased out rather than abruptly halted. The phasing must be complete by the end of Trump’s first term, however, or you are inviting disaster.
2. Mandate insurance be portable, meaning it isn’t tied to your employment.
3. Mandate insurance be continuous and renewable, meaning insurance companies are not allowed to jack up your rates or costs because you get sick – that defeats the whole purpose of insurance.
4. Open up the insurance market across state lines – competition will decrease costs as it always does.
5. Allow people to buy low-cost catastrophic coverage, including the use of health savings accounts.