Turning Point USA, Published on Jan 24, 2018
Dennis Prager of PragerU and
other endeavours gave a superb speech at Turning Point USA’s Annual
Student Action Summit. The whole 57 minute video is well worth watching
because he discusses some very important topics, but here are some of
the most important points he raised in the first few minutes of the
- We are fighting the Left, not Liberals.
- Every American coin has what American stands for Liberty and in God we Trust, E pluribus unum. All three repulse the Left.
- We are in a non-violent civil war.
- The Left wishes to undo the American Revolution.
They had very little in common. And the biggest difference between them was, one affirmed equality and one did not.
- The American revolution was for Liberty. The French revolution was for equality.
We believe in two equalities, one that we are all God’s Children, we all
created in God’s image and therefore we are all equal. And that we are
all equal before the Law.
The points he raised were also articulated in a column of his several years ago entitled: It’s a Civil War: What We Do Now
In this unprecedented crisis of values, this is what needs to be done:
1. Know and teach America’s core values.
American Trinity: “In God we trust,” “Liberty” and “E Pluribus Unum.”
The left has successfully made war on all three — substituting
secularism for God and religion in as much of American life as possible;
substituting equality (of result) for liberty; and multiculturalism is
the opposite of “E Pluribus Unum.”
2. Recognise that we are fighting the left, not liberals.
7. Acknowledge that we are in a non-violent civil war.
the fact is that the left and the rest of the country share almost no
values. The American value system and the leftist value system are
irreconcilable. If the left wins, America’s values lose. If American values prevail, the left loses.